Spent three hours finishing up edits on 85 poems that are now ready to send out. I will spend the afternoon stuffing and addressing envelopes.
So far, off to a good start on my summer writing goals.
Took a break at 10:30 to walk the dog. We walked down the hill, around the lake, to the farmer's market, and along the docks back up the hill to home. I listened to Vanity Fair on my silver ipod mini and enjoyed the scenery: bodies of water, blooming blackberry bushes, dog walkers, snow-capped mountains, herons enjoying the mud of low-tide, and the chatter of outdoor seating.
As for Vanity Fair, it's a very entertaining story told by an ever present narrator who keeps reminding the reader that the novel is subtitled "a novel without a hero". This narrator often says the opposite of what he means, so I wonder if that will be true in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment