Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A prompt +

I'm working away on that autobiographical portrait, having put in seven hours in two days so far, and I'm just getting started with today. While working on this, I've got ideas for some new work and the next revision of my novel that are starting to simmer and pop like spaghetti sauce on a too-hot burner. Hence, the BIC HOK TAM yesterday, tonight, and tomorrow if need be.

Two prompts:

1. Write something from a snippet of conversation I overheard today. A man said to his toddler son who had confessed to his dad that sometimes he acts like a baby, because he cries. "You're still growing up. It's okay to cry."

2. I've noticed this amusing--yes, amusing--strategy that telemarketers use where they don't actually ask you if you want the product or service. They jump right to, "So, all I need to do is verify your mailing address..." It's so sneaky! Write about one of those calls.

No comments: