Oops! Missed a couple of weeks. I didn't spend the whole time lazing about in the sun and walking my dog. I was writing. In fact, I finished my first real novel. I say real because the 50,000 words I pumped out for nanowrimo last year needs much work before I'm willing to take it seriously. I'm cruising through the second draft now and then will send it off to Emy and Christie for feedback (thanks sistahs!).
Also, I did send out a few manuscripts this summer. I'm hoping to collect enough paper from rejection letters to make my own eco-friendly Christmas wrap this year. So, I wait patiently for the mail every day.
FYI, according to About.com's fiction writing newsletter, the top 10 small literary magazines and journals are:
American Short Fiction
Five Points: A Journal of Literature and Art
The Georgia Review
The Gettysburg Review
One Story
Pleiades: A Journal of New Writing
Prairie Schooner
River Styx
Salmagundi
TriQuarterly
And, now, the prompt you've all (hehe) been waiting for:
Write about a courageous moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment