Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Struggle to Write

Let's admit it, I've been lazy. I've been playing WAY too much Warcraft. I definitely need to set some limits for myself on that. I've also been kinda down, which is part of why Warcraft is so sexy right now. When I play, I don't have to think or feel anything real. When I do write, I feel like I'm pushing a boulder uphill. I've thought a lot about what is contributing to this funk. It's complex, I think. The winding down of a new school year. Marathon training. Getting older and adjusting my perspectives on life based on my experience and the difficulty of that transition. How my role has changed so much as a parent as Winston becomes a young adult. The weather here. Winter was one thing, but this off and on, cold and rainy spring is killing me. Maybe I should get on of those sun lamps for my desk. I commit to write at least 500 words (no matter what quality) everyday this week, or the equivalent of the sum over 7 days. Reply to this post if you commit to the same or to a different goal.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I wrote 1300 words Monday. I'll meet your 500. This season stuff can get to you if you're not proactive. I need to constantly clean house in my life-- not literally, though...a maid would be less painful. Sun lamps are good- start a garden.

Christina Hile said...

Okay, well, I just read the post, so I won't be starting on the 29th. I'll start today, the third of May. I'll commit to write everyday. I'm not gonna count the words 'cause then I just get hung up on that and it's one more distraction for me--i'm terribly distractable--but, I will write every day on my blog for a week.

Love you,

Christie